Aspiring government accountants can find positions across specialties, including auditing, financial management, and budget analysis.
The location also plays an important role in determining an accountant’s earning potential, and for this reason, Accountant Jobs in UAE Government will be highlighted for it has a handsome salary backing it up.
Now head below, view what the Accountant job is all about, what’s like securing one in UAE Government, the latest available one, the requirements & qualifications, salary, and other related information.
Government jobs, including accounting, can provide firm job security and benefits. Public sector jobs typically follow a predetermined ladder regarding raises and promotions, allowing employees to plan for the future.
Government accountants are employed at all levels of government – federal, state, and local. At the federal level, government accountants manage public funds, investigate white-collar crime, perform financial statement audits for government agencies, and research emerging accounting issues.
Government accountants have the important duty of managing federal, state, and local taxpayer dollars. Government accountants ensure that governmental bodies are transparent, efficient, ethical, and responsible in their use of funds.
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is recommended for government accountants.
Available Jobs In UAE Government
The following are the available jobs in the UAE Government for interested and qualified individuals to apply for, and they include;
1. Senior Accountant
The role holder is responsible for executing finance and accounting activities in a timely, accurate manner to ensure compliance of these activities with relevant standards.
The role holder also supports financial planning and budgeting activities across GDMO and supports controlling business and finance operations and performance by providing accurate and timely reports.
The role holder is also responsible for executing financial and cost control activities to support GDMO’s operational continuity. The role holder shall carry out his duties in accordance with the relevant business policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing and implementing the Corporate Support Department plans and budgets in line with organizational objectives.
- Act upon the Finance and Procurement Section mandates and work processes to achieve high-performance standards. Ensures compliance with organizational policies, procedures, and quality standards in the Finance and Procurement Section.
- Records all relevant financial and business transactions within GDMO’s bookkeeping/ enterprise resource planning systems, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of maintained records.
- Coordinates collection of necessary information and analyses and compiles account information to prepare current financial statements such as balance sheet, profit and loss statement, Expense report, payables and receivable accounts statements, cash flow statements, and other relevant reports.
- Ensures accurate and timely invoicing, collection of receivables from clients, and timely disbursement of payments to vendors.
- Coordinates with the Human Resources Section for payroll management and ensures all payments-related notifications sent to the bank are recorded in the books of accounts.
- Leads monthly cash closing process, provides support in the month-end closing process and participates in preparing the end-of-year closing process.
Qualifications Experience Required: A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Education and Qualification Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is preferred.
- Relevant certification in accounting (especially IFRS) such as ACCA, CPA, CMA, or CFA is preferred.
Job Specific Skills (technical/behavioral competencies):
- Good operational understanding of existing Dubai Government accounting practices, issues, policies, and procedures
- Good understanding of international financial and accounting standards
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good operational knowledge of GRP systems
- Good command of written and spoken Arabic and English
Advertiser: Dubai Government Media Office
Required Nationality: UAE Only
2. Senior Financial Specialist
To study, observe, contribute and recommend proposals for financial planning and operations to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, value addition, and accuracy in all the activities, decisions, plans, and processes of Finance functions and to comply with standard practices and applicable regulations.
- Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Financial Accounting or equivalent degree
- Certifications: Certification in Management Accounting ( CMA ), Charted Accountant ( CA ), Public Accountant ( CPA ) or equivalent is preferable
- Professional Experience:
- – At least ten (10) years of working experience in Finance, specifically in accounting, planning, budgeting, and reporting functions
- – At least eight (8) years in a Professional role.
3. Head of Finance Affairs Section
To develop, lead and oversee the Financial Affairs Section to ensure an efficient, effective, and smooth implementation of all the functions and processes in compliance with regulations, standards, and DCAA Strategy.
Lead each team of the finance function, which includes Finance Planning: Strategy, budgeting, forecasting; Finance Operations: accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, general ledger, fixed assets, cash management, financial reporting to both statutory and management purposes, and comply to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), finance policies and procedures, Dubai Government laws and regulations.
- Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Accounting or equivalent degree
- Professional qualifications such as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant (CA/CPA)
- Professional Experience:
- More than eight (8) years of working experience in finance, specifically in accounting, planning, budgeting, and reporting functions
- At least four (4) years in a managerial role
How To Apply
To apply, refer to the link below, choose from the available positions that suit your qualifications and skills, and apply after that.
Salary Of Government Accountant In UAE
The average pay for a Certified Public Accountant is AED 269,498 a year and AED 130 an hour in the United Arab Emirates.
The average salary range for a Certified Public Accountant is between AED 189,457 and AED 327,170.
Conclusion On Accountant Jobs In UAE Government 2022/2023
You can see the above lists of Accountant Jobs In the UAE Government, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Accountant Jobs In the UAE Government; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Accountant Jobs In UAE Government 2022/2023 for interested candidates to start applying for.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Accountant Jobs In UAE Government 2022/2023 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.