It is said and well tested that accounting jobs offer a stable career path for individuals in this field, and the salary, when considered in the USA, they are attractive.
With accounting jobs, you can work in any sector of the economy, from both public to private sectors, so this job doesn’t have any limits. Accountant positions are in-demand, especially those who pursue this career path offer several benefits.
A few of the many advantages of being an accountant include working in different industries, job security and the ability to branch out and open your own accounting firm or business.
The United States of America is a great destination for many job seekers to land accounting jobs and if you are interested on securing one then go through this article as many hiring companies with accounting positions opened currently will be made available.
In this article, the following guidelines and requirements steps for available Accounting Jobs In the USA will be open for candidates or applicants to understand better.
Job Description Of An Accountant
An accountant is a professional responsible for keeping and interpreting financial records.
Most accountants are responsible for a wide range of finance-related tasks, either for individual clients or for larger businesses and organizations employing them.
Accountants and auditors prepare and examine financial records, identify potential areas of opportunity and risk, and provide solutions for businesses and individuals.
They ensure that financial records are accurate, that financial and data risks are evaluated, and that taxes are paid properly.
Most employers require that candidates hold at least a bachelor’s in accounting or another related field, such as Finance and Accounting Management.
Types Of Accounting Jobs
Some accountants specialize in one area of accounting like:
- Tax accounting
- Corporate accounting
- Auditing and compliance
- Personal financial services
- Forensic Accounting
- Environmental accounting
- Investment accounting
- Non-profit accounting
- Fiduciary accounting
How To Get An Accountant Job In the USA
To work in the USA as an accountant or in any accounting field, it is necessary first to obtain your bachelor’s degree in accounting, for it is a requirement to favor you in the employment process, especially when seeking this type of job with high companies.
Additional certifications are also preferred in many cases; holding these credentials can help improve a job seeker’s prospects, and supporting this, experience also plays a vital role with employers.
Salaries for trained accountants are quite high, which means this is an excellent industry for anybody looking to maximize earning potential.
Available Accounting Jobs In The USA
All the following are accounting jobs in the USA that interested candidates should consider and apply for only if they fit the company’s role descriptions and qualifications.
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), they believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy.
heir mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
They have several accounting positions in the USA, and they include:
The Accountant is responsible for the preparation and analysis of general ledger account reconciliations for multiple PayPal Payments products. ‘
Utilizing the PayPal Financial systems (PFIT), Accountant 3 will assist in analyzing reconciling differences, root cause analysis, and understanding the impact on the financial statements.
The Accountant 3 will also be involved in the testing and implementation of new products and processes.
- Timely and effective reconciliation of all assigned Receivable, Payable, and Suspense General Ledger accounts, including timely and accurate clearing of reconciling items under Company Policy. Ensure accurate posting of general ledger entries in SAP and customer accounts.
- Works independently to research, track and timely resolve outstanding reconciling items and related issues. Able to apply advanced research techniques to identify the source of the reconciling items accurately. Communicate with internal resources and/or processors to escalate and resolve these differences.
- Work directly with Global Finance Product on resolving product design or process flaws, system bugs or other operational issues adversely impacting accounting processes. Assist with new product launches and market expansions that impact accounting processes, including participation in UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Works with a high degree of initiative to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities in reporting, reconciliation, and analysis.
2. Revenue Accountant
The Transaction Margin (“TM”) Accounting team plays a pivotal role in supporting PayPal’s activity, ensuring that we can consolidate and ultimately integrate our business units in an efficient, well-controlled manner.
The TM Accounting team has an exciting opportunity within Revenue to apply analytical skills to drive process improvements and ensure revenue is reported accurately.
This role requires understanding US GAAP principles, accounting operations, regulatory reporting, and internal controls.
Job Description: Job responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Facilitate month-end/quarter-end/year-end accounting close activities, applying business and process knowledge in enhancing review analytics and monitoring. Review and prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, roll-forwards, and revenue reporting packages
- Design analytical review procedures to assess the accuracy of financial results surrounding revenue
- Work with various Finance teams to understand merchant and incentive agreements and ensure they are appropriately accounted for
- Assess revenue implications for new product offerings from an accounting and control perspective
- Develop and implement revenue processes to increase efficiency and strengthen the broader internal control environment
- Participate in quarterly/annual audits performed by internal and external auditors
- Support the Finance team in a variety of ad hoc projects and tasks
An ideal candidate for this role would possess the following skills/experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant accounting and finance experience; proficient in US GAAP application (specific experience with Revenue ASC 606 is a plus)
- “Big 4” public accounting experiences preferred
- Financial systems knowledge and experience with SAP or similar ERP systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill and communicate accounting concepts between cross-functional teams within the organization
- Great influencing and people skills; ability to take charge, set objectives, and drive results while building long-term relationships across organizational boundaries with all levels of seniority
- Ability to manage a diverse workload while ensuring accuracy and timeliness with attention to detail and a commitment to continuous process improvement
Other Vacancies by Paypal
- Treasury Analyst 1
- Business Analyst – Workforce Planner
- Manager, Tax – U.S. Controversy
How To Apply
When applying for a job you are required to create an account; if you have already created an account – click Sign In. Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Their system does have some requirements that will help them process your application; below are some guidelines for the creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize the first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalizations, please use the same format as your government ID.
Salary Of Accountant In The USA
The average salary for an Accountant in the US is $71,043.
The average additional cash compensation for an Accountant in the US is $5,488.
The average total compensation for an Accountant in the US is $76,531.
Conclusion On Accounting Jobs In USA 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Accounting Jobs In the USA, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Accounting Jobs In the USA; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Accounting Jobs In USA 2023/2024 for interested candidates to start applying for.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Accounting Jobs In USA 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.