Teaching art can be a fulfilling career that brings enjoyment to you and your students. As an art teacher, you can help your students discover and explore their creative sides and become more well-rounded personalities.
A good art teacher can bring out the best in their students. They take the time to know each student individually and intuitively know how to inspire and guide them.
If you’re passionate about art and its rewarding career opportunities are available, you should consider all of the available Art Teacher Jobs Near You, which will be mentioned in this post.
The Art Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school guidelines; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and developing talents of students in the field of art.
The principal purpose of teaching art is to boost creative thinking, impart artistic skills to students and make them aware of the social, cultural, political, and economic factors that influenced art in different historical periods.
To be able to teach art to students, you require excellent artistic skills yourself; excellent verbal and listening skills are essential for art teachers to have to facilitate regular interactions with students.
Available Art Teacher Jobs Near Me
There are different vacancies for interested art teachers to apply for, and they will all be highlighted below with their qualifications and application link.
1. Art instructor
Jlk foundations are looking for a creative, flexible art teacher to join their team of seasoned educators. The art teacher’s responsibilities include sourcing art supplies, preparing lessons, and providing developmentally appropriate instruction on art techniques.
You should also be able to supervise lessons to ensure that learners interact in a supportive and respectful manner. To be successful as an art teacher, you should be able to encourage creativity and self-expression among students.
Ultimately, an outstanding art teacher will be attentive and responsive to themes in students’ art that suggest distress in their personal lives.
Art Teacher Responsibilities:
- Planning lessons on art and art history by students’ learning objectives.
- Developing students’ drawing, coloring, and painting techniques. Preparing the classroom by gathering and setting up equipment.
- Providing instruction on using media such as graphite and charcoal pencils, as well as oil, acrylic, and watercolor paint.
- Teaching students about art history.
- Assigning and grading projects and examinations.
- Recording and reporting on students’ progress.
- Ensuring that the classroom is clean after each lesson.
- Monitoring inventory and sourcing art supplies as needed.
- Attending faculty and parent-teacher meetings.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $25.00 per hour
2. Art Teacher
Des Moines Public Schools is seeking an Art Teacher.
Responsible for planning and delivering a high-quality educational program to meet children’s academic and social-emotional needs.
Successful candidates for this position will possess a Valid Iowa teaching license (appropriate endorsement code for teaching assignment).
Highly Qualified Candidates for the position will possess:
- Previous classroom teaching experience.
- Experience in an urban school district.
3. Visual Arts Teacher (In-Person Learning)
Atlanta Public Schools is looking for a self-motivated Visual Arts Teacher with the ability to ensure student success through differentiated instruction.
The candidate must create and maintain a climate that promotes respect, tolerance, and peaceful problem-solving for all students. This position reports to the School Principal.
- Instructs students through lectures, discussions, visual aids, and other effective teaching methods for student comprehension.
- Prepares lessons and outlines to use in class that effectively cover the material.
- Administers various types of assessments to monitor students’ performance, behavior, and other issues.
- Attends faculty meetings and training sessions.
4. Middle School Art Teacher (2022 – 2023)
Do you want to be part of an educational system that prepares generations of students in the Central Valley to be equipped for college, career, and life’s successes? Starting teachers’ salaries are $65,000 and up.
They will compensate you for your experience. If you are a qualified Art Teacher for Middle School, you could be part of a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment.
- Demonstrate mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for courses taught
- Develop lesson plans aligned with CCSS and departmental standards
- Participate in the development and teaching of cross-curriculum projects that incorporate technology and digital arts
- Possess an interest in fostering diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice to promote a healthy learning environment
- Create and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school-wide behavior expectations in which students are engaged and incorporate mutual respect while providing cooperative learning opportunities
- Engage in positive relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless the candidate has a legally valid exemption
How To Apply
To apply, refer to the link below and fill out the application form now!
Salary Of Art Teacher
The median salary for a secondary art schoolteacher across the nation was roughly $55,000 annually.
The national average salary for elementary school was slightly lower at $53,000.
Conclusion Art Teacher Jobs Near Me 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Art Teacher Jobs Near Me 2023/2024, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance; with this selection of Art Teacher Jobs Near Me 2023/2024, you have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Art Teacher Jobs Near Me 2023/2024 for you to start applying.
After your search, applying, and finally getting employed, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Art Teacher Jobs Near Me 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.