Berea College has a long history of welcoming students of all nationalities, religious faiths, races, and ethnicities. If you come to Berea, you will surely be welcomed.
The Berea College scholarship For International Students is a rare opportunity, especially for international students; that’s why I urge you to apply now before it closes for this 2023/2024 session.
Scholarships can also mean more time for studying and learning, leading to better grades and knowledge retention and increasing the chances of continuing to graduate school.
In this article, this Berea College Scholarship requires a lot of concrete and authentic requirements and qualifications that will enable the scholarship.
Berea College has provided eligible students with scholarships to help candidates financially and also help them chase their dream.
Admission to Berea College is competitive, and students are encouraged to read all information provided here before applying.
Table of Contents
About The Berea College
Berea is the only one of America’s top colleges that awards every enrolled student a no-tuition promise. No student pays for tuition.
Berea College offers a high-quality education to academically promising students with limited economic resources.
It awards every student a Tuition Promise Scholarship so that no Berea student ever pays tuition. Founded in 1855, Berea is the first interracial and coeducational college in the South and consistently ranks among the nation’s leading liberal arts colleges.
Berea’s educational experience provides students with the knowledge and skills to navigate the world successfully.
The College provides a challenging yet supportive learning environment. Whether in the classroom, attending a Convocation, interning, studying abroad, or linking work with academic goals, the educational experience is truly like no other.
Students have experiential learning opportunities in and out of the classroom:
- Students can earn Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in 33 majors. There are also select professional programs, independent, student-designed majors, and a dual-degree engineering program.
- 15 teacher education programs.
- 16 national and international honor societies.
- More than 170 students study, intern, or teach abroad each year, most with the generous support of education abroad scholarships or grants.
Berea College Acceptance Rate
Berea College admissions are more selective, with an acceptance rate of 33%. Half the applicants admitted to Berea College have an SAT score between 1118 and 1268 or an ACT score of 23 and 28.
Details On The Berea College Scholarship
Berea College is the only school in the United States that provides 100% funding to 100% of international students for the first year of enrollment.
There are primarily three different types of Financial Assistance, grants/scholarships, loans, and work.
Below is a list of some of the more common awards you may see or hear about at Berea College.
This combination of financial aid and scholarships offsets the costs of tuition, room, board, and fees.
In subsequent years, international students are expected to save $1,000 (US) per year to contribute toward their expenses.
The College does provide summer jobs to international students so that they may meet this obligation.
The Berea Student Financial Aid Services Office awards aid to help cover tuition for every student. Another aid is also awarded to help cover meals and housing based on the expected family contribution (EFC).
Available Berea College Scholarships
There are different Brea College Scholarships for all students to apply for and most of them will be highlighted below for your immediate application.
1. Berea College Scholarships
- Center for International Education (CIE) Scholarships:
- Scholarships for Summer Abroad
- Scholarships for a Berea Term Abroad
- Scholarships offered through other Departments:
- Foreign Language Department
- Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Music (Scruggs)
- Art Department (Design for a Summer)
- English, Theatre & Communication (Paul Nelson Power Scholarship Award)
- Sloane Shelton Arts and Humanities Grants
2. Ballard-McConnell-Willis Mathematics Scholarship
Ballard- McConnell- Willis (BMW) scholarship is the most prestigious award offered by the Math Dept and the single biggest outside scholarship on campus.
Every year, around April, three new BMW scholars will be chosen out of three classes: sophomore, junior, and senior, based on nominations from the BMW committee.
You do not need to submit an application or anything. It is rather crucial that you do well in Math classes.
Furthermore, other facts could show your dedication or strong interest in becoming a good mathematician.
3. External Scholarships
- Fund for Education Abroad Up to $10,000. Deadlines: mid-January for Summer, Fall Semester; early September deadline for Spring Semester
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Up to $5,000! Their new deadlines give you two shots at every season:
- Cycle 2: Early March (Summer, Fall, Winter, and the following Spring)
- Cycle 1: Early October (Spring, Summer, and the following Fall)
- Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant $1,000 grants for students with 3.75 GPA or higher. Deadline is typically in March for the next calendar year, but they are currently on hiatus due to COVID-19, so keep checking back for new deadlines.
- National Security Education Program Boren Scholarship Up to $20,000 to U.S. undergraduate students to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests. Deadline: Apply by February 3 through [email protected]
- Rainbow Scholarship Deadline: noon January 20 for Summer, Fall Semester; early September deadline for Spring Semester.
Berea college requirements for international students
Most of the students score between 20 and 30 on the ACT (or SAT equivalent) and have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0 in a strong college prep curriculum. Students may take either the ACT or SAT or apply test-optional.
How To Apply For Berea College
- Complete the Berea College Application for Admission for International Students when it becomes available in August. There is no application fee.
- You are to write a personal essay of 2-5 pages. As this essay may be used to assist in course placement, students should receive no assistance in writing or editing the essay.
- These must include all secondary school records, university transcripts, matriculation exams, and other leaving exams appropriate to your country. Academic records should be translated into English and the copies certified by school officials.
- Two Teacher Recommendation Forms
- All international applicants must submit a report from one of the following exams: IELTS, Duolingo, TOEFL, SAT, or ACT. This requirement includes students from English-speaking countries.
- You must provide a copy of your test report as part of your online application, even if you have requested an official copy be sent to Berea from the testing center. International applicants may NOT apply test-optional.
Conclusion On Berea College Scholarships For International Students 2023/2024
Now’s your chance with this selection of Berea College Scholarships For International Students; you, therefore, have no limitation regarding you being a woman from applying for the woman scholarship.
The application website gives crucial information related to the Berea College Scholarships For International Students for candidates to start applying now.
Therefore, if you want to study in the USA through the above woman scholarship, go for it and start preparing for this post to deliver essential details.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Scholarships Offers just like Berea College Scholarships For International Students 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformatio