The Calgary Police are officially willing to recruit new police officers from different and various walks of life having strong personal values that can align with those of the Calgary Police Service.
Applicants who possess these qualities such as respect, honesty, compassion, courage, fairness, accountability, integrity, and ethical solid decision-making should therefore head to the official page to apply now.
This article will put you through and guide you on your way to becoming a recruited police officer knowing the career that best suits you and providing all the information related to them.
Therefore, all readers should read and comprehend all the information provided here on this post as they are all authentic and free from misinformation.
Details On The Calgary Police
Calgary Police Service (CPS) is the municipal police service of the City of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It is the largest municipal police service in Alberta and the third-largest municipal force in Canada behind the Toronto Police Service and the Montreal Police Service.
The CPS prides itself on service delivery, training, development, and most importantly, its people by striving to preserve the quality of life in the community by ensuring that Calgary remains a safe place to live, work, and visit.
The Calgary Police have various divisions, such as;
- Chief Crowfoot Learning Center
- Community and youth services
- Community liaison
- Criminal operations
- Fleet and facilities
- Human resources
- Information communication technology section
- Investigation support
- Major crimes
- Operations audit
- Organized crime control
- Professional standards
- Real-time operations center (RTOC)
- Traffic Services
The Calgary Police phone number is 403-266-1234
Requirement For The Calgary Police Recruitment
The applicants must meet up with these following minimum criteria before going ahead with their application and such includes;
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- If you’re not a Canadian citizen, have either landed immigrant status or permanent resident status (while having lived in Canada or the United States for three years).
- At least 18 years of age.
- Class 5 Driver’s license (non-GDL) with no more than five demerit points.
- Meet medical/health and fitness standards. Medical Self Assessment Tool.
- No unpardoned criminal convictions.
- No criminal charges are pending before the courts.
- No criminal activity within the last three years, both detected and undetected.
- One year clear of discharge date from a bankruptcy.
- Standard first-aid certificate.
- “Level C” CPR certificate.
- Have the seven core values of the Calgary police which include integrity, respect, honesty, compassion, courage, fairness and accountability
Visit them at their official website – https://join.calgarypolice.ca/
Documents During Application For The Calgary Police Recruitment
There are so many diverse documents you have to supply during your application and they are very important
- Employment and Education History (complete in full)
- Personal References (5 adults, not related to you and not current/previous employers)
- Credit History (complete in full)
- Authorization for Release of Information
- Personal Disclosure Form (must be 3 years clear of criminal activity, including drug use)
- Declaration – Notice to Applicant
- Security Clearance Declaration (complete in full, attach pardon if required)
- Driver’s Licence (non-GDL)
- Proof of Social Insurance Number
- Birth Certificate and/or Canadian Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident Documentation
- High School Diploma/Transcripts or Equivalency
- Driving Record Abstract (must cover last 3 years, 5 demerits or less)
- Vision Report (attach PDF document in APATS system)
- Supplemental Vision Report (only required if you’ve had corrective surgery) (attach PDF document in APATS system)
- Hearing Report (attach PDF document in APATS system)
- Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR Level “C” Certificate
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from any of the designated organizations listed below: (If education was obtained outside of Canada) such as;
-Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
-International Credential Assessment Service of Canada -World Education Services
-International Qualifications Assessment Service
-International Credential Evaluation Service
Recruitment Process For The Calgary Police
- Once you know that you have met up with the requirement you can go ahead to their official website to apply
- After applying, your application form will be received which will be reviewed to ensure the information is complete and then calgary police will contact you to start the next step.
- The following process is when you are contacted to take a written test on the Alberta Communication Test (ACT) and the Alberta Police Cognitive Ability Test (APCAT)
- Applicants will move on to the next stage to take A-PREP (Alberta Physical Readiness Evaluation for Police), the police recruit selection physical abilities test.
- After this physical abilities test, you will be invited for a PDF interview. You will meet with a Recruiting officer and review your Personal Disclosure Form and personal history in detail.
- There will also be a panel interview based on a Behavioural Descriptive Interview (BDI) to check your past and present behavior and character.
- There will also be psychological testing to check your suitability as a police officer
- The Calgary Police service will conduct a pre-employment polygraph by the polygraphist
- Be also informed that there will be a background check to inspect and interview various people from your life in the application process, including present and past employers and colleagues, friends, neighbors, etc.
- There will be a preselection and selection pool of candidates and if successful you will be given a conditional offer of employment.
- After which your recruit training begins.
Latest Events 2022 For Calgary Police Recruitment
Applicants are advised to attend an information session so as to get any questions you have about the recruitment process answered by a team of Calgary Police
- TUE April 5 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am (Coffee with a Cop – Women in Policing) Virtual Event
- TUE April 12 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am (Coffee with a Cop) Virtual Event
- TUE April 19 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am (Coffee with a Cop – BIMPOC (Black, Indigenous, Multiracial, People(s) of Color) Virtual Event
- TUE April 26 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm (Coffee with a Cop) Virtual Event
- TUE May 3 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am (Coffee with a Cop – LGBTQ2S+) Virtual Event.
The Calgary Police Recruit Training
The Calgary Police Recruit training takes about 3 to 6 months and recruits are expected to be in good physical condition upon entering recruit training.
They will have regular classes – varying in duration – encompassing defensive tactics, firearms operation and physical fitness.
Recruits are tested in a variety of fitness components, including the following.
- Leger 20m Shuttle Run
- Scored Conditioning Circuits
Salary/Benefits Of The Calgary Police Officers
- Our officers are well compensated, with a starting salary of $67,885 rising to $104,439.24 after five years of service.
- All officers receive a 25-year pension plan,
- extensive health services, including access to fitness training, and a health spending account.
- Officers will start with three weeks of vacation per year.
Conclusion On Calgary Police Officer Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Form
The Calgary Police Officer Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Form portal is simply for the enlightenment of the members relating to Recruitment 2022/2023.
The application website gives crucial information about the Calgary Police Officer Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Form for candidates to start applying now.
After applying and finally getting recruited, you can subsequently enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work while contributing to the defense in Canada.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Calgary Police Officer Recruitment 2022/2023, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.