In Canada today, Customer service has become one of the in-demand jobs in Canada(Ottawa). Many managers are now hiring customer service representatives even though many underrate the job.
Considering that customer relation is very important in a company because relating with customers can help to be close to the customer and build trust with customers to ensure business success, it is no surprise that customer service representatives are in demand.
This post will address customer service concepts in a business/company, required qualifications, average yearly salary, and how to apply for the jobs.
A customer service representative/worker is a person that works directly with customers. Rather than responding to customer outreach, they reach out to customers and offer products and service solutions, discounts and sales, company news, bonuses, and other forms of proactive communication.
There are various job options for those considering a career in customer service. These jobs/positions are available in almost every industry. Customer service representatives’ top employers are mainly; call centers, brick-and-mortar, online retailers, credit card companies and agencies, insurance companies, financial institutions, and tech companies.
Considering that customer relation is very important in a company because relating with customers can help to be close to the customer and build trust with customers to ensure business success, it is no surprise that customer service representatives are in demand. In 2020, almost three million people were employed in Toronto customer service jobs, proving the demand rate in Canada.
In summary, customer service representatives are mainly responsible for interacting with customers to handle complaints, process orders, answer questions, and direct customers. They represent the company.
Customer Service Jobs Ottawa
The following are the customer service jobs in Ottawa:
- Customer Service Agent
- Customer Service Sales
- Customer Service Assistant
- Call Center Agent
- Client Service Coordinator
Customer Service Agent: A customer service agent is responsible for interacting with customers, providing information about the products to service, and handling and resolving customer complaints.
Customer Service Sales: they are responsible for having a direct one-on-one interaction between the consumer making a purchase and a representative of the company selling it, the customer service representative. To most retailers, it is essential to have direct interaction with the customer to ensure the buyer’s satisfaction and encourage repeat business.
Customer Service Assistant: A customer service assistant are the liaison between the business and its customers. They are also responsible for assisting customers in business with the organization, such as making purchases, placing orders, etc.
Call Center Agent: A call center agent is a person who is responsible for answering phone calls or email inquiries, responding to customer issues, and placing orders. Call centers are expected to handle high calls and have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Client Service Coordinator: A client service coordinator handles order processing, setting up and coordinating services, tracking deliveries and installation, and resolving customer issues.
Customer Service Required Qualification and Skills
The following are the required qualifications and skills for customer service:
- Proven customer support experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone contact handling skills
- Active listening
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree
- Listening Skills
- Phone Skills
- Resolving Conflict
- Positive Attitude
- Attention to Detail
The responsibilities of customer service:
- Maintain financial accounts
- Recommend potential products
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Contribute to team effort
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls
- Generate sales leads
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Meet personal/team sales targets and call handling quotas
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits, and follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts, and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Resolve customer complaints
- Greet customers
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges
- Advice on company information
- Take payment information and other pertinent information
- Place or cancel orders
- Answer questions about warranties or terms of sale
- Act as the company gatekeeper
- Suggest solutions when a product malfunctions
- Handle product recalls
- Persuading customer
- Utilize computer technology to handle high call volumes
- Work with a customer service manager
- Close out or open call records
- Compile reports on overall customer satisfaction
- Read from scripts
- Handle changes in policies or renewals
Customer Service Jobs Ottawa Salary
The average yearly salary of customer service in Ottawa is CA$36,560 per year. Though this amount is below the average annual salary, customer service also receives a bonus from either the customers or bosses.
How To Apply For Customer Service Jobs Ottawa
The list below states the steps to apply for Customer Service Jobs in Ottawa:
- When directed to the official website, search for a job at the application link below.
- You can use the search box, divided into various categories, to filter the job of your interest.
- Review the job advertisement and role description.
- Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding
- Select the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Check that you’ve received an email confirming your application.
Conclusion On The Customer Service Jobs OttawaIn conclusion, with the update above on the Customer Service Jobs Ottawa, one is aware of the required qualifications and skills, their responsibilities, salaries, and how to apply for Customer Service Jobs In Ottawa.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Customer Service Jobs Ottawa 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.