If you love to work with and teach children, it is worth being a music teacher. The job has more to do with teaching children than it does with music.
In elementary school, students learn to play simple instruments such as recorders and keyboards, sing in small choruses and learn the basic elements of music.
Music has a way of bringing students out of their shells and sparking individuality. It’s incredible to watch students perform at showcases and see their confidence grow right before everyone’s eyes. It becomes a unique experience for every guitar student you will have.
If you’re passionate about music and rewarding career opportunities are available, you should consider all of the available Elementary Music Teacher Jobs, which will be mentioned in this post.
Elementary music teachers are responsible for preparing lessons and leading music class instruction for elementary school students.
They teach students musical concepts and may lead choir and band classes and activities. To teach elementary students to experience music in many tonalities, meters, styles, and timbres.
Techniques may include singing, chanting, moving, dancing, listening, playing instruments, creating and improvising, reading, writing, and performing.
Elementary music teachers must effectively communicate their knowledge of music to young students. This requires a great deal of patience and creativity on their part.
They also need to be able to work well with other teachers in the school system so that they can coordinate lessons between different subject areas.
Available Elementary Music Teacher Jobs Near Me
There are different elementary music teachers jobs near you, however, one will be highlighted below for you to apply for;
The Vacancy – Elementary Music Teacher
Location: Ardmore Elementary School
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students’ understanding, appreciation of the art of music, including listening a wide range of musical genre, periods and styles, and to identify, promote and develop each student’s talents in vocal and instrumental musical expression.
- Develops and administers music education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction and student learning.
- Develops balanced music programs and lessons to organize class time, so students have adequate preparation, rehearsal, and instruction time.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student musical learning and progress and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, as appropriate.
- Plans, coordinate rehearsals for and directs students in musical programs and performances outside the classroom.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops, or professional meetings or conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievements and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school’s standards and school district policies and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to ensure a productive learning atmosphere during practice, rehearsal, and performances.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate music supplies and instrumental equipment, maintains inventory records and ensures equipment is in good working order.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods, educational pedagogy, and differentiated instruction based on student learning styles.
- Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, literature, and other content areas taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis, and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to play an instrument or instruments, conduct students in playing instruments as needed.
- Ability to instruct students in singing, harmonization, and chorus as needed.
- Ability to use computer network systems and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted during work.
Certification/License: Illinois State Certification as a Music Teacher.
Education: Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Experience: Successful prior teaching experience in music for the appropriate grade level preferred.
How To Apply
To apply, refer to the link below and fill out the application form now!
Salary Of Elementary Music Teacher
The salaries of Elementary Music Teachers in the US range from $33,710 to $54,199, with a median salary of $46,158.
The middle 67% of Elementary Music Teachers make $38,117, with the top 67% making $54,199.
Conclusion Elementary Music Teacher Jobs Near Me 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Elementary Music Teacher Jobs Near Me 2023/2024, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance; with this selection of Elementary Music Teacher Jobs Near Me 2023/2024, you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Elementary Music Teacher Jobs Near Me 2023/2024 for you to start applying.
After your search, applying, and finally getting employed, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Elementary Music Teacher Jobs Near Me 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.