The entertainment industry is a fun and vibrant area to explore as a potential career. While people often think of the more public professions in entertainment like acting and directing, more jobs exist behind the scenes of a major production than are seen on a stage or film set.
The entertainment industry employs people from a wide variety of professional backgrounds. Most forms of entertainment require supporting teams to prepare, facilitate and market the product for consumers to enjoy.
If you’re interested in working in the entertainment industry, many roles are crucial for bringing artists’ and performers’ talents to the public.
Working in the entertainment industry is typically different than many professions because of the varied hours and locations where entertainment professionals work.
They often work long hours, sometimes overnight. Entertainment jobs could require travel and work away from home for long periods.
For example, touring with a music artist or working on location on a movie set are some examples of entertainment positions that differ from traditional jobs in both the hours and demands of the place. Working in the entertainment industry is often a different path than trying to find work in a more traditional field.
There is no set education or experience necessary for many entertainment jobs, and individuals often find positions through contacts already in the field, working their way up from basic jobs involved in entertainment production and persevering through the early years to finding a place in the industry.
Lists of entertainment industry jobs
- Film crew
- Animal trainer
- Personal assistant
- Theatre manager
- Entertainment marketer
- Booking agent
- Video Editor
- Audio engineer
- Entertainment writer
- Makeup artist
- Voice-over artist
- Casting manager
Available Entertainment Industry Jobs Los Angeles
FOX Media Services department is responsible for the ingestion, transformation, and distribution of media for linear, non-linear, and international workflows for all networks wholly or partially owned by FOX Corporation.
FOX Media Services is a 24/7 mission-critical operation that supports several business divisions across Sports, News, Entertainment, and TV Stations.
1. Senior Media Technician
FOX Media Services department is looking for a stellar Senior Media Technician with knowledge and hands-on experience in broadcast processes, systems, and operations.
Candidates who seek employment must be available to work 24/7 in shifts. Under general supervision, the position is responsible for the entire media supply chain for all physical and digital file-based assets.
This includes ingesting, metadata tagging, validating, archiving, tracking, restoring, and delivering all media assets supporting all clients, partners, and vendors.
This position involves maintaining and organizing all metadata associated with various media assets to ensure easy accessibility.
- Must have strong verbal / written communication skills and aptitude to communicate with all levels of management
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical computations and be able to think and work in multiple time zones
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have extremely good organizational skills and customer services skills, and must be able to work effectively
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required
- Knowledge of media asset management systems and broadcast workflow orchestrators is helpful
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work independently, and be resourceful is favored
- The ability to work a flexible schedule is required, including nights, holidays, and weekends
- The position is expected to participate in cross-training within the department
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive is required
2. Junior Accountant (MarVista Entertainment)
Fox has a very collaborative, talented accounting team, and due to business growth, the Company is looking to hire a Junior Accountant to oversee the cash accounting activities of the Company.
This will include the posting of cash receipts, outgoing payments, check processing, and GL reconciliations. This position is also responsible for performing general ledger accounting functions, emphasizing Treasury, AR, AP, and General Accounting. Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Solid knowledge of banking and accounting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet month-end deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially in Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail, flexible and dependable
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Collaborative team member who offers support to others
- Entertainment industry experience (not necessary)
- Sage Intacct experience (not necessary)
3. Freelance Trending Editor
FOX Sports is looking for a Freelance Trending Editor to join the Digital team in Los Angeles. The Freelance Trending Editor is a key team member responsible for identifying, writing, and editing trending stories within the sports world.
The Trending Editor will also help with the publication and distribution of that content to the FOX Sports audience.
The position will work directly with the FOX Sports social team to find stories and fully distribute them through their social channels.
- 2 years of experience in editorial or social media
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Deep knowledge of AP style
- Thorough understanding of all social media platforms
- Basic understanding of SEO principles, headline writing
- Basic arithmetic for reports/recap notes
- Bachelor’s Degree (not necessary)
How To Apply
To apply, refer to the link below, for there are over one hundred and forty vacancies, now head below to apply for.
Average Salary Of Entertainment Employees In Los Angeles
The average annual pay for an Entertainment Industry Job in Los Angeles, CA, is $65920 a year.
Conclusion On Entertainment Industry Jobs Los Angeles 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Entertainment Industry Jobs Los Angeles 2023/2024, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Entertainment Industry Jobs Los Angeles 2023/2024 In Germany; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Entertainment Industry Jobs Los Angeles in 2023/2024 for people to start applying.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Entertainment Industry Jobs Los Angeles 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.