Fruit Picking Jobs in Belgium are an excellent means to get involved in agricultural activities seasonally and make a reasonable amount of money.
You can stay in Belgium, make money, meet people worldwide, get fit, have fun, create memories, and save money just through fruit picking in Belgium.
If you demand fruit-picking jobs in Belgium, rest assured that all will be highlighted in this post for you to secure a job now!
Fruit-picking jobs are a type of itinerant, seasonal work that involves a lot of physical labour outdoors. These picking jobs typically last only as long as the harvest season, though some workers move from area to area and can remain employed throughout the year.
The fruit and vegetable picking industry are one of the most common sources of picker jobs. These jobs are necessary since some crops are too delicate or difficult to harvest efficiently with machinery. Fruit and vegetable pickers are employed seasonally to harvest everything from cherries to various types of squash manually.
Fruit picking or fruit harvesting is a seasonal activity (paid or recreational) that occurs during harvest time in areas with fruit growing wild or being farmed in orchards.
They assess produce as it is picked, checking for ripeness and discarding any pieces that are over-ripened or show signs of rotting or disease. They may pick the produce by hand or operate specialised harvesting machines depending on the particular crop and size.
Fruit pickers harvest, sort and gather fruit with their hands. Some use small knives or tools to cut fruit from branches and vines. To harvest some fruits, such as apples, oranges and peaches, you must be able to climb a ladder, remove the fruit and place it in your satchel or basket without injury. Other fruits, such as strawberries, grow on low-lying plants, so you must have the endurance and strength to bend over for long periods. Fruit harvesters must be available to work seasonal jobs when the fruit is ripe for picking.
To ensure success in this position, you will need to perform with a high level of accuracy. Top candidates will be upstanding, organized and able to perform under pressure.
- These are the responsibilities of fruit picker jobs;
- Check assigned fruit stacks to determine how to pack them.
- Obtain cartons and crates depending on the type of fruit that needs to be packed.
- Line cartons or crates with protective layering.
- Place additional materials inside crates to make them safe for fruit transport.
- Pick each item and check it for conformity.
- Isolate or waste rotten fruit.
- Place fruits inside crates.
- Stack fruits in a safe manner.
- Label fruits according to provided instructions.
- Place additional packing materials on top of each box.
- Close crates and cartons and seal them using glue or nails.
- Weigh each packed fruit carton
- Adjust quantities to ensure uniformity.
- Count all containers, crates, and bags, and record the number and weight information.
- Affix labels with information such as weight, address, and delivery timeline.
- Move boxes and containers to the delivery area by using forklifts or pallet jacks.
- Load cartons or crates on awaiting delivery trucks and stack them properly.
- Strap each set of cartons properly.
- Create documentation, such as bills and invoices, and include them with each shipment.
- Provide information to supervisors regarding packing and delivery timelines.
- Respond to dispatchers’ inquiries regarding fruit shipments.
- Ensure that fruit packing and shipping areas are kept clean of peels and packing material leftovers.
- Oversee inventory of packing items, for example, crates, bags, cartons, and wrapping materials.
Interested candidates should provide the requirements;
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse range of people.
- Proficient with using tools required for this position.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Proficient organizational skills.
Available Fruit Picking Jobs Offers In Belgium.
These are the fruit-picking jobs offered in Belgium;
Warehouse – Picking
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry-leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety.
- Picking up goods, and preparing orders.
- Receiving and checking goods.
- Operating Machine or Equipment – Operate basic equipment and machines and carry out routine tasks.
- Operations Management – Carry out operational tasks by following established processes.
- Equipment Maintenance and Repair – Help to maintain and repair equipment and appliances by carrying out preparations and providing assistance.
- Health, Safety and Environment – Follow basic mandatory work instructions to safeguard the environment and the well-being of oneself and others.
- Operational Compliance – Follow a straightforward mandatory procedure to ensure that work is carried out to the required quality standards and/or to ensure adherence to external regulatory codes and internal codes of conduct.
- Internal Communications – Exchange information with people by having courteous interactions with them.
- Verbal Communication – Uses clear and effective elementary verbal communication skills to express ideas and request actions.
- Planning and Organizing – Works with guidance plan, organization, and prioritize activities to meet business objectives efficiently.
- Policy and Procedures – Works with guidance to understand policies and procedures while ensuring they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Health and Safety – Applies elementary concepts to manage and apply safe work systems.
- Equipment Utilization – Works to optimize the utilization of production plant, equipment, and materials.
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) – Works at a basic level to perform computer-aided design (CAD).
- HS Diploma / GED and / or 0-2 years relevant experience.
Salary On Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium.
The average pay for a Farmworker’s Fruit is €21,855 a year and €11 an hour in Belgium.
How To Apply For Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium.
The list below shows the steps in applying for Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium.
1. When directed to the official website, search for a job at the application link below.
2. You can use the search box, divided into various categories, to filter the job of your interest.
3. Review the job advertisement and role description.
4. Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding
5. Select the ‘Apply Online button.
6. Complete and submit your application.
7. Check that you’ve received an email confirming your application.
Conclusion On Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium.
In conclusion, with the update above on Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium, one is aware of the required qualifications and skills, their responsibilities, average yearly salary, and how to apply for Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium.
Click the “Apply Now” button to secure a chance to work in Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium.
As you get updates about the Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium 2023/2024, please bookmark our website Aimglo and share this post with your friends.
Here at Aimglo, we provide you with Recruitment, Scholarship you need, and Latest Job Offer; if you find these Articles helpful, kindly like, share, and comment; share this post with your friend who may need Recruitment offers; Last Updated: February 1, 2023
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offers, just like Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.
Feel relaxed as you are entitled to the authentic information on this page about the Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium in 2023/2024.