Industrial Electrician Jobs in Ontario is a great career path for everyone, and this type of job brings about so many achievements and advancements.
There are differences between industrial electricians from all other types of electricians, and they will be properly addressed here in this article.
If you find yourself in this role and you seek an electrician job in Ontario, go through this post as it will be surfaced here.
Details On Industrial Electrician Job
As said earlier, most people interchange industrial electricians and commercial electricians as the same; however, they are different.
An industrial electrician works in a factory or manufacturing setting on the power supply and electrical components of manufacturing equipment.
Meanwhile, a commercial electrician provides electrical installation, maintenance, and repair for commercial buildings such as offices and retail centers.
Requirement To Work As An Industrial Electrician In Ontario
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four- or five-year industrial electrician apprenticeship program or a combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college, or industry courses in industrial electrical equipment is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for industrial electricians is compulsory in Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Manitoba and available but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario, British Columbia, and the Yukon.
- Additional construction electrician certification may be required for industrial electricians when the employers are not owners of the industrial electrical equipment.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualifying industrial electricians upon successfully completing the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Hiring Company For Industrial Electrician Vacancy
Tiercon Corp. is proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity employer as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Tiercon manages five sites across two cities employing approximately 550 people throughout Ontario.
Tiercon is seeking knowledgeable, self-directed, experienced, and hardworking individuals interested in the automotive industry as an Industrial electrician at Stoney Creek facilities.
Job Description (Industrial Electrician)
As an industrial electrician, you will be reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and performing preventive maintenance procedures to minimize downtime and maintenance costs and manage equipment efficiencies.
You will also repair, install and test the equipment (Transformers, regulators, motors, generators, electrical control system).
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) and regulatory policies and practices ensuring safe, efficient, and consistent operation and maintenance of equipment and processes.
- Understand and perform safety responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lockout, and emergency response
- Perform daily checks (continuity, current, voltage, and resistance) and diagnostics on equipment Repair, install and test the equipment (Transformers, regulators, motors, generators, electrical control system)
- Design control panels and install circuit power distribution
- Interpret the requirements of the Canadian Electrical Code and ensure compliance
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures to minimize downtime and maintenance costs, and manage equipment efficiencies
- Perform downtime repair work; troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions, identify opportunities for optimization
- The program troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial equipment and automation, including PLCs, HMI, frequency drives, and other related devices
- Ensure that all work completed meets regulatory guidelines manufacturers’s specifications and internal maintenance procedures
- Maintain proper documentation, including logs, maintenance records, safety, and environment reports
- Plan, design, purchase, install and test new branch control circuits and maintain existing systems and equipment.
- Able to work rotating shifts
- Able to support extended hours as required
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs and work at heights
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Licensed Industrial Electrician 442A
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Arc Flash Training is an asset
- Demonstrated working knowledge with hand tools, applicable software (PLCs)
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Previous experience in using computer software applicable to maintenance operations
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Prior experience maintaining and troubleshooting industrial equipment, robotics, and PLC controlled machinery
- Knowledge and experience in reading electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical schematics
- Demonstrated experience with transformers, switch gears, conveyors, pumpVFD’sD’s, fire alarm panels, HVAC, lighting panels, instrumentation calibration, and troubleshooting relay logic
Use the link below to create an account, and then on the search box, you search Industrial Electrician, and from there, you can apply for the job vacancy. Now good luck!
The Salary Of Industrial Electrician In Ontario
Industrial electricians usually earn between $26.00/hour and $43.00/hour in Ontario.
Conclusion On Industrial Electrician Jobs In Ontario 2022/2023
From the above-listOntario’so’s Industrial Electrician Job, you can check it out and use the application link to apply for the joNow’sw’s your chance, with this selection of Canadian Industrial Electrician Jobs; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to continue your passion.
The article above gives crucial information about the Industrial Electrician Jobs In Ontario in 2022/2023 for people to start applying now.
After your search, applying, and finally getting employed, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Industrial Electrician Jobs In Ontario 2022/2023 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.