There has been an increasing number of lifeguard jobs available in Dubai. Even though Dubai is a desert area, they are not without beaches and swimming pools in their country. So this is to prove that there are Lifeguard Jobs In Dubai Municipality today.
This post will help you understand the basic requirements of a lifeguard in Dubai Municipality, their average salaries, characteristics, required skill and responsibilities, and how to apply for them.
The Municipality can be either a town, village, or city with cooperative status or local government. Dubai Municipality is a town that is under the government of Dubai. Dubai Municipality is a city that provides services to its citizen, which can also be called municipal services, whereby citizens expect the government to provide services for them in exchange for taxes.
So they provide services to a diverse population in Dubai; they are responsible for urban planning and supervision of construction, environmental protection and improvement, conservation of public parks, and ensuring the proper regulation of international quality standards in building and construction materials, food snd consumable items, etc.
Dubai Municipality has been experiencing consistent growth, considering they only started with three employees in the early 50s and now has over 15,000 staff working fin 32 organizational units becoming the primary driving force of the development process of the Dubai City as a whole.
The Dubai Municipality is not just an organization without a vision; Its vision is the “creation of an excellent city that provides the essence of success and comfort living.” Dubai Municipality is also active in maintaining the architectural heritage of the emirate through many projects aimed at reviving and preserving the cultural landmarks of Dubai. Dubai municipality also won the 2006 public service award from the United Nations and won many regional awards, including the Arab eContent 2005 Award.
With the introduction of the Dubai Municipality, it is evident that there are jobs available, including lifeguard jobs. A lifeguard is called a rescuer who supervises the safety of swimmers, surfers, and other water sports participants such as swimming pools, water parks, beaches, rivers, and lakes. Being a lifeguard is very challenging; the first one has to be in good shape, and one has to follow the rule in which lifeguards follow the 10/20 rule.
Once a lifeguard notices a potential problem, they must respond in about 10 seconds and be able to reach the person as quickly as possible, so it is necessary to be in shape and be a stronger swimmer. Lifeguards can work in facilities like the beach, swimming pool, lake, water pack, etc.
Characteristics Of A Lifeguard
The following are the five characteristics of a lifeguard:
- Good Communicator
- Highly Skilled
Reliable: As a lifeguard, one must be trustworthy because they are responsible for the safety of people.
Good Communicator: Being a lifeguard, you must have excellent communication skills. And also should be able to act in an emergency and communicate with fellow lifeguards and emergency services to communicate a rescue or a medical treatment. Sometimes lifeguards have to negotiate tricky situations with customers if they are unruly.
Highly Skilled: it is evident that lifeguards need to be good at what they do. Lifeguards learn many skills like water rescue, spinal injury management, and swimming. They must continually be refreshed and updated in their skills to remain proficient.
Leadership: Lifeguards may be required to take charge of an emergency, such as coordinating a swimmer’s rescue or suffering in difficulty. This will mainly require leadership and tea, working skills.
Professional: Being a professional lifeguard means treating the job with respect, turning up on time, with the correct uniform, and having a proper mental attitude.
The following are the responsibilities of a lifeguard:
- Supervising the activities that go on around the swimming pool, lake, beach, river, etc
- Administering First Aid for events of injuries, rescuing swimmers in distress or danger
- Evaluates conditions for safety and initiate aquatics emergency action plan as required.
- Inspect pool facilities, equipment, and water to ensure they are safe and usable.
- Instruct or Assist classes in the fundamentals of swimming as needed.
- Supervise and Assist in cleaning the pool and related facilities and equipment.
Before one can become a lifeguard in Dubai, there are some required certificates, training, and exams one has to go through.
To get a lifeguard certificate in Dubai, you must complete a course run by an approved lifeguard training center and pass an EIAC exam. It isn’t vital to have an educational background.
The following are the essential required skill of a lifeguard:
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate water conditions at aquatics facilities, the beach/ocean, or other offsite natural pools, streams, or rivers to determine any potential dangers or hazards
- Ability to adjust programs as necessary to ensure the safety of the visitors and other staff
- Swimming proficiency and comfort in all types of water conditions
- Ability to judge and evaluate evolving dynamics of individuals participating in aquatic activities to immediately assess their capabilities and threats to their safety
- Knowledge of on-site protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for providing on-site emergency medical services
Lifeguard Jobs In Dubai Municipality salary
The average salary of a lifeguard is AED 2,000 per month in Dubai.
How To Apply For Lifeguard Jobs In Dubai Municipality Municipality
The list below states the steps to apply for Lifeguard Jobs In Dubai Municipality :
- When directed to the official website, search for a job at the application link below.
- You can use the search box, divided into various categories, to filter the job of your interest.
- Review the job advertisement and role description.
- Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding
- Select the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Check that you’ve received an email confirming your application.
Conclusion On Lifeguard Jobs In Dubai Municipality
In conclusion, with the update above on Lifeguard Jobs In Dubai Municipality, one is aware of the requirements, skills, characteristics, salaries, and available jobs in Dubai Municipality.
Click on the “Apply Now” button to secure a chance to work as a lifeguard in Dubai Municipality.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Lifeguard Jobs In Dubai Municipality 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.