Logistics is one of the many sectors in which you can make a successful career. Logistics involves facilitating the production, packaging, shipment, and transportation of a business’s goods.
Logistics is a good choice if you have interest in it. Growth in this sector will definitely be promising as infrastructure of roads, rails, ports and airways improve.
Opportunities in this field are quite high because of infrastructure development and digitalization of supply chains, especially in Dubai, so if you wish to secure one, then go through this article.
Logistics is the business department that oversees and facilitates every step of the supply chain, from the business to the consumer.
A variety of logistics roles are typically responsible for one or a few closely related aspects of the supply chain, including Raw material purchasing, Inventory, Production, Packaging, Shipping, and delivery.
The logistics department is responsible for planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services. Directing, optimizing, and coordinating the full order cycle. Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
Candidates who are willing to make a career as a logistics analyst are required to have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management degree in engineering, business management, supply chain, mathematics or a related field. Internships in the respective field can add an extra edge to the resume.
Types Of Logistic Jobs
- Logistics Coordinator
- Supply manager
- Logistics manager
- Logistics analyst
- Fleet manager
- Facilities manager
- Distribution center manager
- Production Manager
- Contract Administrator
- Purchasing manager
- Operations Analyst
- Procurement manager
- Supply chain manager
Available Logistics Jobs In Dubai
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology™—helping them maximize the value of the technology that they make, sell or use
The company supports global operations by way of an extensive sales and distribution network throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, Latin America and the Asia Pacific:
- Local sales offices and/or representatives in 64 countries
- 190 logistics centers worldwide
- Representing over 1,700 major suppliers in the IT field.
- Serving more than 200,000 customers in approximately 160 countries
They are proud to say that No other company delivers as broad and deep a spectrum of technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
The vacancies include
1. Associate II, Logistics-UAE
About the role: “Forklift Operator cum Warehouse Associate” In this role, you’ll move packages and material around our facilities. He will operate a forklift with the utmost care to ensure efficiency and safety. Your job could involve driving around warehouses, storage spaces, and other facilities.
You must be a responsible individual with great experience in driving industrial vehicles. The goal will be to ensure that materials and products will always be in the right place to achieve maximum efficiency
1. Planning & organizing work flow & workload / Space management skills/ optimum space utilization to ensure all Inbound jobs are completed within the given time
- Unload materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and stack them in assigned places
- Locate and move stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
- Transport raw materials to production workstations
- Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety by performing regular maintenance
- Keep updated records of inventory and activity logs
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines
- Help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facilities
2. Knowledge & implementation of Health & safety of the warehouse premises
- Ensure the forklift machines and tools for warehouse requirements are maintained properly
- Adhere to Jebel Ali Customs rules & regulations
- Absolute compliance with company policies and procedures at all times
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Proven experience as a forklift operator
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a warehouse.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid UAE RTA (Forklift) driving license is a must.
- Handling Articulated Fork Lift is preferable.
2. Professional, Operations
About the role: “Logistic Professional, Operations” In this role, you will oversee the day-to-day functions of Logistics & Warehousing in compliance with the procedures and guidelines set by the company and Ensure that all tasks are executed within the given deadlines and maintain delivery schedules as per service levels committed.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the import operation for IM to maximize service to the business and its members while minimizing costs and ensuring compliance.
- Tracking all shipments to the members against KPIs with the Import/warehouse.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of Dubai custom & Jebal Ali Freezone import documents provided by the suppliers and nominated freight forwarder (commodity codes and VAT) and dealing promptly with any errors or inconsistencies.
- Sound knowledge of Handling and Paperwork of DG goods.
- Determining shipping needs based on the type of product being shipped and the location where it will be delivered
- Day-to-day liaison with the freight forwarders, warehouse operations, Freight Forwarders, and other international carriers/vendors, including resolving issues relating to the movement of all products.
- Daily coordination of shipping documentation for customs clearance, nominating FF & arrange local collections by coordinating with haulers.
- Identify seasonal peaks with the relevant business areas and service providers in order to support the inbound planning.
- Communicating with customers to arrange for shipping details such as pickup times, shipping method, delivery date, and any special requirements
- Provide logistics solutions, guidance, and commercial support on new routes to market, including identification of any custom’s specific regulations or requirements relating to importing goods from the relevant countries.
- Manage a robust audit trail for all customer activities, including goods classifications and relevant shipping documentation in line with Dubai/Jebal Ali import regulations.
- Work with Aware, iScala, and Hyperion to extract information such as goods freight cost, vendor wise details, route wise, origin wise, destination wise, term wise, etc.
- Monitor the performance of freight forwarders in line with the KPIs set by the Supervisor and Operations Manager and attend regular reviews as necessary.
- Ensure that lead times are monitored and shipment delays are identified early.
- Any other duties as may, from time to time, be required by the Company.
- Coordinating with shipping companies to arrange for pickup and delivery of goods
- Scheduling shipment dates and times to meet production deadlines and customer needs
- Daily, weekly, monthly Reporting.
Core areas of Experience, knowledge, and skills: Essential:
- 4 to 5 years experience in international Freight forwarding/Logistics.
- Experience in an international IT distribution environment or Logistics company.
- Good Knowledge in International Air/Sea freight Management Techniques.
- Experience of dealing with Dubai Customs (Ideally in relation to imports)
- Excellent Negotiation skills with Freight forwarders.
- Possess an understanding of the international freight forwarding knowledge, including standard industry procedures and best practice
- A solid administrative and industry knowledge background.
- Organized and thorough in approach with excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Calm and focused approach when working to deadlines.
- Solution-driven with the confidence to raise any concerns or issues that could affect the business.
- Excellent detailed attention, monitoring, and accuracy.
- Exceptional English communication skills in written and verbal with strong customer service skills, Hindi is added value.
- A flexible team player with a positive mindset.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work within a team and initiative.
- Strong IT skills with particular emphasis on MS Office packages, including intermediate Excel, and the ability to pick up new systems.
- Knowledge of JAFZA, Dubai custom rules and regulations
- An understanding of Third Party Logistics and the warehousing industry.
- Knowledge of LEAN
- Knowledge of TAPA
- IATA certification
How To Apply
To apply, refer to the link below, for there are still several logistics jobs you can apply for in Dubia in this company.
Salary Of Logistics Workers In Dubai
A person working as a Logistics Manager in the United Arab Emirates typically earns around 23,500 AED per month.
Salaries range from 12,700 AED (lowest) to 35,600 AED (highest).
The average monthly salary includes housing, transport, and other benefits. Logistics Manager salaries vary drastically based on experience.
Conclusion On Logistics Jobs In Dubai 2022/2023
You can see the above lists of Logistics Jobs In Dubai, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Logistics Jobs In Dubai, you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Logistics Jobs In Dubai 2022/2023 for interested candidates to start applying for.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Logistics Jobs In Dubai 2022/2023 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.