There are many different kinds of music teacher jobs available in Canada; if you love music and want to make a solid living, you can discover teaching music jobs that pay well.
Students can often come out of their shells and express their uniqueness via music. When kids perform in showcases, it’s fantastic to observe their self-confidence growing in front of everyone.
Every music student you have will have a different experience as a result. All of the music teacher jobs covered in this piece should be considered if you have a strong passion for music and rewarding career options are accessible.
Teach orchestra, band, choir, or any combination of the three. Work with kids to produce plays, concerts, and other musical events.
As a music teacher, you will lead your students through musical practice, allowing them to create musical sounds, melodies, and harmonies using both musical instruments and their voices and bodies. You never know; you might inculcate in them a passion for music and culture that will last a lifetime.
Music instruction can be a rewarding professional choice or merely a stepping stone to another choice. While teaching music, one can readily advance other musical objectives. The work is pretty flexible and offers.
As demonstrated during an audition, musical talent and ability are critical hiring criteria. Musical training from a university or college or through private instruction is usually required to become a music teacher in Canada. Members of orchestras and other professional classical musicians and singers usually require a university degree in music.
Available Music Teacher Jobs Canada
York House School, located in the heart of Vancouver, is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls.
Founded in 1932 by seven progressive and insightful women, York House provides an outstanding education for approximately 650 girls from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Music Specialist Teacher (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Junior School · Vancouver, British Columbia
- Music Specialist Teacher
Junior School (Senior Kindergarten to Grade 7 Music, Band, and Choir)
1.0 FTE Full-time
Maternity Leave coverage from November 28, 2022, to December 9, 2023
Teaching at York House School
York House School is a vibrant and close-knit school community where people feel valued, engaged, and connected to the school.
The faculty enjoys robust professional development opportunities that support the ongoing design of strong foundational and transformative learning experiences.
Their rigorous and innovative programs enable Yorkies to develop knowledge, skills, and global competencies to succeed in the world beyond their doors.
On an ongoing basis, we invite the creative input of faculty in developing these programs.
About this Role
York House School is inviting applications from creative and qualified Band and Choral teachers committed to providing students an exceptional 21st-century learning environment.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent instructional and assessment practices, and a passion for teaching.
This individual will have opportunities to be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities that enhance students’ experiences at school.
This teaching position involves teaching Music and Band in the Junior and Senior Schools, which entails early morning starts.
- Strong Piano skills are preferred.
- Bachelor of Music or Music Education degree or academic equivalent
- Major concentration in music education in instrumental instruction is an asset
- Course work and/or knowledge of strategies for instruction in electronic music
- Music education teaching methodology courses in the relevant areas; Orff Training is preferable
- Experience in teaching instrumental music and choral programs is an asset
- Course work and/or knowledge of choral music instruction for young and intermediate voices
- A Master’s degree or equivalent is an asset
- British Columbia Teachers certification or equivalent
- Independent School experience is an asset.
- Coaching and/or extra-curricular experience is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Strong knowledge of British Columbia Curriculum and pedagogy
- Demonstrated experience in implementing a solid instrumental and choral music program
- Strong knowledge of instrument-specific teaching methods and conduction
- Passion for increasing knowledge of musical styles and technique
- Knowledge of the current research on girls and learning, developing critical 21st-century global capacities
- Demonstrated experience as an inspiring, innovative, and enthusiastic educator
- Collaborative and flexible, supportive and effective team-player
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with all stakeholders
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to educating the whole student
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology purposefully to transform learning
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate instruction and assessment practices to meet the needs of individual learners
- Experience with using Understanding by Design as a framework to teach for more profound understanding
- Experience using an inquiry-based and project-based learning approach
- Committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
Faculty at York House are provided the following:
- A diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Small class sizes and time for planning and working collaboratively.
- Access to exceptional resources.
- A robust peer Mentorship Program.
- A comprehensive salary and benefits program.
How To Apply
This posting will remain open until the position is filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
All employees of YHS must be able to provide a passed vulnerable sector screening criminal record report. They thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online here.
Salary Of Music Teachers In Canada
The average music teacher’s salary in Canada is $46,800 per year or $24 per hour.
Entry-level positions start at $39,000 annually, while most experienced workers make up to $70,200 annually.
Conclusion Music Teacher Jobs Canada 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Music Teacher Jobs Canada 2023/2024, with the additional benefits of learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance; with this selection of Music Teacher Jobs Canada 2023/2024, you have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Music Teacher Jobs Canada 2023/2024 for you to start applying.
After your search, applying, and finally getting employed, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Music Teacher Jobs Canada 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.