Airport Jobs In Ottawa are numerous and have several opportunities to grow your career. All the vacancies will be highlighted below for interested candidates to apply.
Ottawa carries over 51 million passengers, offering direct passenger service to nearly 220 destinations on six continents.
Ottawa Airport is the largest airline and provider of scheduled passenger services in the Canadian market, the Canada-U.S. transborder market, and the international market to and from Ottawa.
Hence, Ottawa Airport needs numerous staff to fill in different vacancies, and if you wish to secure a job here, there are specific requirements you must meet.
Ottawa is Canada’s capital, in the east of southern Ontario, near the city of Montréal and the U.S. border. Sitting on the Ottawa River, it has at its center Parliament Hill, with grand Victorian architecture and museums such as the National Gallery of Canada, with noted collections of indigenous and other Canadian art.
If you are prepared to work hard, put in long hours any time of the day or night, take pride in a job well done, and genuinely enjoy meeting and working with people, this is a remarkable career opportunity.
Airport jobs focused on security are critical for maintaining passenger safety. The role may involve guiding travelers through screening procedures, asking security questions, checking baggage and/or cargo, and looking out for suspicious behavior.
Available Ottawa Airport Jobs.
• Full accountability to the Station Manager for Health & Safety issues and operational and financial performance.
• Planning resource allocation in each business unit.
• Routine liaison with customer representatives.
• Liaison with internal and external customers and agencies.
• Producing routine reports.
• Supporting the development of the business units with accurate and timely project work.
• Leading the station equipment planning cycle.
• Ensuring compliance with all internal and external operational and administrative requirements.
• A proven track record in managing a business unit.
• Experience in operational planning and resource allocation.
• A working knowledge of GSE maintenance issues.
• Understanding of the wider airport operational environment.
• Experience and understanding of the commercial issues in aviation.
• Experience in Health and Safety management.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Traffic Security Guard
• Provide traffic control and By-Law enforcement.
• Monitor the curb (arrivals and departures) to ensure traffic flows.
• Provide directions to arriving and departing guests.
• Moderate physical activity, standing and walking for long periods in outdoor weather conditions.
• Any other duties as instructed.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Valid Ontario Security License.
• Demonstrates superior customer service skills and is able to work independently.
• Minimum of a High School Diploma.
• Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C would be considered a definite asset.
• Previous customer service-related experience would be an asset.
• Previous experience would be considered a definite asset.
• High Customer Service Skills.
• Remain calm and effectively perform in emergencies.
• Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Able to follow and enforce safety codes, parking regulations, and procedures.
• Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
Customer Service Representative
A.S.P. is looking for Passenger Assistance Representatives to provide passenger flow, queue management, and access control in various areas of the Terminal at Ottawa International Airport. PSAs are required to quickly and efficiently determine eligibility requirements and stream passengers into various queues while providing exemplary customer/passenger service.
• Provide information to support the Duty Manager on shift.
• Greet Customers, provide direction, exceptional Customer Service, and assistance to all passengers.
• Proactively monitor passenger flows into the airport from check-in to security, into airport lounges, monitor congestion points and capacity levels in all areas, and notify the Duty Manager of any concerns.
• Coordinate passenger flows at key areas as directed by the Duty Manager.
• Assist in queue management of PBS line-ups and pre-security.
• Contact facilities to assist with the deployment of stanchions as required.
• Ensure pre-security amenities are stocked and ready to be deployed as required.
• Ensure Customer facing areas of the Terminal are orderly and clean (lounges tidy, cups and items picked up from tables, floors clean, etc.) promptly report deficiencies to facilities.
• Contact facilities to supply or arrange pick-up of baggage carts.
• Practices Safety conscious behaviors and situational awareness.
• Quickly and efficiently determine eligibility requirements and stream passengers into various queues while providing superior customer service.
• Validate/confirm passenger’s need and right of entry/exit to/from controlled and restricted areas.
• Minimum High School diploma or Grade 12 education.
• Fully bilingual in both French and English.
• Minimum of one (1) year of verifiable experience in a security field or equivalent.
• Eligible to work in Canada.
• Physically capable of performing all duties as set out in the Job/Position Description physical demands of the position require the ability to stand for prolonged periods during the shift, walk long distances, and lift and relocate stanchions in order to manage and adjust queues effectively.
• Self-motivated individual with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent written & verbal communication and active listening skills.
Salary On Ottawa Airport Jobs.
The average airport salary in Ottawa is $34,114 per year or $17.49 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $29,250 annually, while most experienced workers make up to $54,988 annually.
How To Apply For Ottawa Airport Jobs.
The list below shows the steps in applying for Ottawa Airport Jobs;
1. When directed to the official website, search for a job at the application link below.
2. You can use the search box, divided into various categories, to filter the job of your interest.
3. Review the job advertisement and role description.
4. Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding
5. Select the ‘Apply Online button.
6. Complete and submit your application.
7. Check that you’ve received an email confirming your application.
Conclusion On Ottawa Airport Jobs 2023/2024.
You can see the above lists of Ottawa Airport Jobs 2023/2024, with the benefits of learning and working in a lovely place like Canada.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Ottawa Airport Jobs 2023/2024; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
After your search, applying, and getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
As you get updates about Ottawa Airport Jobs 2023/2024, please bookmark our website Aimglo and share this post with your friends.
Here at Aimglo, we provide you with Recruitment, Scholarship you need, and Latest Job Offer; if you find these Articles helpful, kindly like, share, and comment; share this post with your friend who may need Recruitment offers; Last Updated: December 6, 2022
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offers, just like Ottawa Airport Jobs 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.
Feel relaxed as you are entitled to the authentic information on this page about the Ottawa Airport Jobs 2023/2024.
Please also bookmark our website Aimglo and share this post with your friends.