Though it seems that the role of a personal assistant and the role of an executive assistant are pretty similar to each other, nevertheless, there are some significant differences between personal assistance and Executive assistance.
This post will help you understand the concepts of a personal assistant and its main difference from an executive assistant, their role, responsibilities, salary, required qualifications, and how to apply for them.
A personal assistant is a person that is responsible for performing secretarial work and also provides senior managers with day-to-day administrative support. Their primary duties include answering phone calls and managing correspondence, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, and organizing events. As a personal assistant, one’s responsibilities can vary depending on the employer.
A personal assistant can work in both a residential and professional setting. Personal assistants work closely with their boss, often playing a vital role in the organization. Personal assistants are similar to executive assistants in that they both perform routine administrative-type-task so that someone else does not have to.
The main difference between a personal assistant and an executive assistant is that a personal assistant assists a single person and also helo with individual tasks of the employer, much as shopping or scheduling social engagements. Sometimes the assistant is delegated with project work or fills in for their employer if absent on a particular occasion/meeting.
Although with all the listed points, it still seems like there isn’t any significant difference between a personal assistant and an executive assistant, the truth is their main difference is their type of support. A good example is that a personal assistant is an expert in household and family needs, while an Executive assistant is an expert in things like project management.
In conclusion, a personal and executive assistant can make one’s life better, easy, and manageable and help one regain control over one’s time. But while the purpose and skills of an executive assistant and personal assistant overlap, their roles are not interchangeable.
The following are the essential qualification of a personal assistant/ aspiring personal assistant.
- High school Diploma
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, political science, or a related is usually required certificate from a secretarial school is also preferred.
- Work experience as personal assistance is sometimes required
The following are the required skill of a personal assistant/ aspiring personal assistant:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service and social skills
- Follows instruction clearly and accurately
- Good organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Basic tech skills (Microsoft word, excel, etc.)
- Attentive to details
- They must exhibit professionalism
- Networking Skills
- Willingness to learn
- They must be independent
The following are the primary responsibilities of a personal assistant
- They are responsible for scheduling meetings and managing calendars
- They are responsible for answering phone calls and emails
- They are responsible for taking accurate notes at meetings
- They are responsible for helping with daily time management
- They are responsible for running errands
- They are responsible for planning travel, accommodation, and other transport.
- They are responsible for coordinating events and speaking engagements
- They are reliable for drafting correspondence such as emails and letters
Personal Assistance Jobs In Toronto Salary
The average salary of a personal assistant in Toronto is CA$37,064 per year.
How To Apply For Personal Assistance Jobs In Toronto
The list below states the steps to apply for Personal Assistance Jobs In Toronto :
- When directed to the official website, search for a job at the application link below.
- You can use the search box, divided into various categories, to filter the job of your interest.
- Review the job advertisement and role description.
- Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding
- Select the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Check that you’ve received an email confirming your application.
Conclusion On The Personal Assistance Jobs In Toronto
In conclusion, with the update above on the Personal Assistance Jobs In Toronto, one is aware of the categories, salaries, the requirements, and how to apply for Personal Assistance Jobs In Toronto.
Click on the “Apply Now” button to secure a chance to work any job of your choice as a Personal Assistance In Toronto.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Personal Assistance Jobs In Toronto 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.