If you wish to work in the public health sector of NSW and hold the common goal of improving the health of individuals and society, then go ahead and read this post.
Public Health workers help promote healthy lifestyles, prevent injuries and disease, and control infectious diseases.
Now, proceed below, for NSW seeks to employ different ranges of workers in various categories in the Public Health sector of New South Wales (NSW).
Details On Public Health
It is essential to know that public health workers are different from medical practitioners even though they may assist or work closely with them.
A key difference between public health and medicine is that medicine emphasizes disease treatment and care, while public health emphasizes disease prevention and health promotion.
Those that work in Public Health may be concerned with protecting and improving the health of a small community, state, or the nation at large.
Public health combines many different disciplines and supports occupations in diverse scientific, medical, research, and government settings.
Public health jobs especially suit healthcare professionals with passions outside of clinical medicine, such as anthropology, statistics, or epidemiology.
Duties Of Public Health Workers
- Public Health Workers identify and investigate health issues and health hazards in the people.
- Provide communities with required personal health services and ensure the provision of health care.
- Develop plans and policies that help individual and community health initiatives.
- Search for new ideas and innovative solutions to health issues.
- The primary goal of public health is to prevent disease and promote health at the population level.
- Public health professionals employ many different disease prevention strategies, such as health education, community vaccination, sanitation initiatives, and health policy.
Update On Public Health Jobs in NSW
Due to the impact of Covid 19, there’s been an urge to increase the public health sector in NSW, and now NSW seeks to employ more people in this sector.
If you’re looking for future-proof careers with long-term employment opportunities, the public health industry is an excellent option in NSW.
The public health system in NSW offers a versatile range of career pathways to graduates.
So whether you want to specialize in a clinical care role or your strengths lie in administrative duties, there are many possibilities to consider in the NSW Public Health sector.
Different Roles/Positions In Public Health Sector
Public health is a very large field, and the breadth of core public health roles includes:
- Health visitors, school nurses, and public health nurses
- Environmental health professionals
- Public health practitioners
- Knowledge and intelligence professionals
- Managers, directors, consultants, and specialists
Available Public Health Jobs in NSW
1. Social Worker
A Temporary Full-Time Social Worker Level 1/2 is sought for up to 13 weeks to provide social work services to medical and surgical inpatients and out-patients of Concord Hospital.
The Social Worker is a crucial member of the multidisciplinary team addressing the psychosocial needs and concerns of the patient and family/carer.
Hence if you have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or equivalent that provides eligibility for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers, then apply now.
2. Pathology Courier Driver
Being part of NSW Health Pathology means you’re helping create better health and justice systems every day.
Responsible for the safe handling, preparation, transport, and delivery of pathology specimens, samples, and equipment to ensure consistent, reliable, safe, and efficient courier service across NSW Health Pathology.
3. COMET GP Trainee – Homeless Health Service
A vacancy exists in the above unit for a highly motivated GP Trainee with appropriate knowledge and skills to join NSW friendly and supportive team.
The COMET GP Registrar provides high-quality healthcare to people experiencing or at risk of homelessness in the community.
The COMET GP Registrar provides evidence-based healthcare, including wholistic assessment, brief intervention, care planning, and referral on an outreach basis by providing outreach healthcare clinics in local homelessness services or by outreach street patrols.
4. Carer Support Manager
The Carer Program Manager position is responsible for developing partnerships between consumers, carers, and health service providers at the local level.
The Carer Program Manager will work to facilitate improved access for carers to a range of FWLHD services and facilitate effective communication between carers and health professionals and is responsible for implementing the NSW Carer.
5. Emergency Clerk
NSW seeks an emergency clerk to provide a high level of administration, communication, and professional frontline support to Westmead Hospital Emergency Department.
Responsible to the Emergency Department Director through the Emergency Department Clerical Manager for the completion of clerical procedures relating to the registration and admission of patients through the Emergency Department
You are also responsible for the provision of communication support to the Emergency Department while working a 24/7 rotating roster, including working weekends and public holidays.
- Social Media Officer
- Manager Medical Workforce – Nepean Hospital – Perm FT
- Business Process Analyst
- Community Development Evaluation Officer #1032
- Scrub / Anesthetics
- Work Health and Safety Specialist
- Occupational Therapist – Community Health
- and so many more
Salary Analysis Of Public Health Workers
- Healthcare Administrator – average salary of $99,730 per year
- Public Health Advisor – average salary of $68,000 per year
- Public Health Administrator – average salary of $64,952 per year
- Public Health Analyst – average salary of $61,404 per year
- Health Educator – average salary of $46,080 per year
- Community Health Coordinator – average salary of $44,994 per year
- Community Health Worker – average salary of $36,890 per year
Conclusion On Public Health Jobs NSW 2023/2024
The above article gives crucial information related to the Public Health Jobs NSW 2023/2024 Application Form for interested candidates to start applying now.
Make sure that when you get the job, you should enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to realize your future career.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Public Health Jobs NSW 2023/2024 Application Form, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.