On this page, the following guidelines and steps about Social Work Jobs In Toronto will be available for candidates or applicants to better understand.
Fortunately for you, there has been a gradual and fast-rising demand for extraordinary social workers or employees in Toronto.
It is advisable to read along diligently to get the application process and the latest available social work jobs in Toronto that welcome young and vibrant individuals to continue their passion.
These social work jobs manifest independence and familiarity exploration and help generate the region’s money for financial purposes.
While working as a social worker, you can earn extra money by working on by getting paid for overtime work you will be doing.
And social workers are responsible for improving their patients’ lives by helping them cope with and manage the stress they may be facing. Social workers will meet with patients, listen to their concerns and create a plan to help their patients better manage their problems.
Social Workers define social work as “a practice-based profession and an academic discipline that promotes social change and development, social cohesion, and the empowerment and liberation of people.” As a social worker, you can implement important changes in your community.
Depending on where you work, you will need specific skills and knowledge relevant to the population you are working with.
Building a strong foundational skill set will empower you to help others in the most effective way possible.
Social workers are needed in settings such as:
- Mental health facilities
- Child welfare and human service agencies
- Community development organizations
- Halfway houses
- Adoption agencies
- Private practices
Typical Qualification Of A Social Worker
The following are some of the qualifications of a social worker:
- Complete a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a Related Field.
- Pursue a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) or MSW-Equivalent Program.
- Complete Fieldwork Hour Requirements.
- Complete the ASWB Examination.
- Apply for State Social Work Licensure.
- Choose a Social Work Career.
- Advance Your Practice Through Continued Learning
Available Social Work Jobs In Toronto
Social Worker – Toronto, Ontario
- Position: SOCIAL WORKER
- Site: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL–ER & weekend back-fill, float
- Department: ALLIED HEALTH
- Reports to: MANAGER
- Scale/Grade: D0-08
- Salary: $39.20 – $49.00 per hour
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Status: Temporary full-time (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) up to 12 months
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning. The University Health Network, where “above all else, the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN.
The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education.
With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing in the world.
A world leader in neural and sensory science, Toronto Western Hospital has a strong community and population health program, providing innovative programs for and information to seniors, diabetes patients, and many multicultural groups.
Toronto Western Hospital has been serving the health care needs of its culturally diverse local community for more than 100 years. Today, the hospital provides highly specialized tertiary care to people from surrounding areas and across Canada. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
In the provision of patient and non-patient care activities, the primary responsibilities of the SOCIAL WORKER include:
- Assessing patients to evaluate the need for service, the nature of the problem, and formulating recommendations or treatment plans;
- Implementing an intervention plan with patients, family members, significant others, and the multi-disciplinary team to facilitate changes in behaviour, attitudes, feelings and/or the environment;
- Facilitating family/team meetings; reassessing and modifying the intervention plan as required; liaising with appropriate community agencies;
- Completing applications for Alternate Level of Care (ALC) facilities, establishing contact with members of the interprofessional team and community agencies to obtain, provide or exchange information relating to patients’ psycho-social functioning and health care in the past, present and future;
- Rendering services for the immediate benefit of the Hospital and the community;
- Providing clinical teaching to Social Work Students, Medical Students, Professional Colleagues at University Health Network, Faculties of Social Work and in the community;
- Participating in relevant research activities, projects, etc.; performing activities required for the effective and efficient operation/maintenance of the Social Work professional group; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- The Social Worker knows the Health Care Consent Act and be familiar with Advance Care Planning.
- Completion of a Masters’s Degree in Social Work (M.S.W) or equivalent required
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers required
- Membership in the Ontario Association of Social Workers preferred
- Experience working within the Emergency Dept. preferred
- Experience working within Acute Care preferred (GIM, surgical, critical care, etc.)
- Two (2-3) years of experience working with an interprofessional team in a health care setting preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Research experience /education an asset
- Student education/supervision is an asset
- Knowledge of policies, legislation, program and issues related to social welfare institutions and services
- Computer literacy preferred
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a job requirement unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
How To Apply
To apply, refer to the link below and fill out the application form on the official career website through the link below.
Salary Of Social Workers In Toronto
Social workers are in high demand and as a highly-skilled professional, you could stand to earn between $75,065 and $95,843 per year!
Conclusion on the Social Work Jobs In Toronto
In conclusion, on the different types of Social Work Jobs In Toronto, it is clear that jobs are available In Toronto. Seize the chance now to secure a Jobs In Toronto by clicking on the “Apply Now.” button above.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Social Work Jobs Toronto 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.