Coming to the University of Alberta is a great choice, and we want to make it worth your while. Several scholarships are specifically for students entering a professional program or transferring from another post-secondary institution.
Whether you’re an academic achiever, community leader, or well-rounded student, the University of Alberta awards $34 million annually in undergraduate scholarships, awards, and financial support to all students.
If you are interested in securing a scholarship at the University Of Alberta, this post is specifically for you! And scholarships are fantastic and have helped many people in many ways.
A scholarship allows the student to consider a more selective program, reduces the risk of dropping out, and often offers opportunities to expand their academic experience through internships or study abroad programs.
This post will address the necessary aspects of the University Of Alberta Scholarships, and it is essential to note these scholarships.
About The University Of Alberta
They offer high-quality education and develop exceptional student pharmacists, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows and prepare our graduates for various careers in pharmacy practice, research, and teaching.
Their graduates go on to influence the continuously changing health care field through their leadership in the areas of policy, practice, and business.
The University of Alberta is one of the Top 5 universities in Canada and the Top 100 in the world, with state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, award-winning professors, a diverse and welcoming community, and opportunities for undergraduates you won’t find anywhere else.
Come learn, try, solve, create, challenge, master, transform, and change the world.
Great reasons why students choose the University of Alberta
- The University of Alberta is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world
- The University of Alberta is also ranked number one for graduate employment in Canada
- Upon graduating from the University of Alberta, you can apply for a three-year post-graduation work permit.
The University Of Alberta Scholarship
Every year, the University of Alberta gives scholarships worth millions of dollars to students from abroad, including entrance awards that you will be automatically considered for when you apply.
Don’t pass up the opportunity to receive financing at Alberta University because the scholarships are completely supported, and there are no prerequisites.
Take note that admission is based on your complete academic history and achievement in three main areas: your grades, English proficiency, and completion of required subjects.
The majority of candidates typically have GPAs of 3.0 or better. Average GPAs will be 3.7 or higher for some more competitive programs, like pharmacology.
Bring your best effort to the table because the competition for admissions may be considerably more challenging for students from outside Alberta or those who are applying internationally.
In addition to accepting many different international curricula, the U of A allows advanced standing or transfer credit for certain courses.
Types Of University Of Alberta Scholarship Based (Application Required)
1. President’s International Distinction Scholarship
Students with a superior admission average and demonstrated leadership qualities entering their first year of an undergraduate degree on a Student Visa Permit could receive up to CAD 120,000 (payable over four years).
2. International Leader Scholarship
Well-rounded leaders with superior academics may receive up to CAD 10,000.
3. May Quon Undergraduate Scholarship
Students with a superior admission average and self-declared financial need entering their first year of an undergraduate degree on a Student Visa Permit who are Chinese or Hong Kong citizens could receive up to $100,000 (payable over four years).
4. University of Alberta Global Citizen Scholarship for IB Diploma International Students
Students with superior academics, strong International Baccalaureate Diploma academic standing, indicated the financial need and demonstrated leadership who will be entering their first year of an undergraduate degree program from Aga Khan Academies operating under the AKA agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, who will be studying in Canada on a Student Visa Permit could receive up to $53,000 per year for a maximum of 4 years.
Types Of University Of Alberta Scholarship Based (No Application Required)
You could be starting with scholarships you don’t even have to apply for! You will be evaluated for these scholarships when you apply for admission.
Your eligibility will be based on your high school admission average at the time of your admission offer. They’ll assess you for a match to the following and many more.
They will contact you directly if you are eligible for an admission-based scholarship!
1. International Admission Scholarship
Top students could receive up to CAD 5,000, depending on the admission average.
2. Regional Excellence Scholarship
Top students from certain regions could receive up to CAD 5,000, based on the admission average.
3. Gold Standard Scholarship
The top 5% of students in each faculty could receive up to $6,000, depending on the admission average.
How To Apply For UA Scholarship
A scholarship application is an opportunity for you to describe your best attributes and accomplishments at the U of A and in your community.
Below are some tips to help you with the application.
- Ensure you carefully read all sections of the application. Any incomplete submissions will not be considered for awards.
- Work on your application in a document outside of the Student Application Portal to take advantage of spelling and grammar correction software and avoid technical problems in the application.
- Focus on your greatest achievements. Select the top achievements or experiences you are most proud of and focus on those in your application. Achievements or experience could include but are not limited to mentorship, community involvement, volunteerism, public service, athletics, academics, and involvement in societies/clubs.
- Responses should be thoughtful and well-developed. Your application should highlight who you are and what you are passionate about.
- Provide specific examples of experiences demonstrating reflection and growth within your experience or, more generally, in your life.
- Think about what sets you apart from other scholarship applicants. Outline experiences or achievements that demonstrate your impact.
- Be creative, show your passion, and put things in your own words. A well-crafted, the unique application will allow you to stand out!
Conclusion On The University Of Alberta Scholarship For International StudenNow’sw’s your chance with this selection of the University Of Alberta Scholarship For International Students; you, therefore, have no limitation regarding being a student from applying.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like University Of Alberta Scholarship For International Students 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformatio