If you are searching for a scholarship from the University of Auckland, proceed to this post to find out about the available scholarships.
Of course, most times, scholarships are thought to be for those that are poor and financially weak that they cannot afford to purchase an education, but the truth is that even the rich are also awarded scholarships.
It is essential to mention that scholarships are not given most times because of who you are, but scholarships are awarded to those who meet the required qualifications.
That is not to say scholarships are not deliberately awarded to tho who can’t afford them. It is just that it is more common for a Non-Governmental organization than the Governmental Organization to award scholarships to people who can’t afford them.
And in this case, the University of Auckland has chosen to help some students from underdeveloped and developed countries. They award the student scholarships, sponsor their tuition, and sometimes utilities and accommodations.
Interested candidates should ensure they meet the requirements/eligibility to avoid disappointment.
To find more information on the available scholarships at the University of Auckland, surf through the article to get acquainted with the necessary information.
Scholarships provide financial support for students to help pay for a college degree. These funds enable students to obtain the education they may not have access to otherwise. Scholarships go further than being financial aid for many students. They reward deserving students with the ability to afford higher education.
Scholarships provide an opportunity for people to earn an education. Students may have trouble paying for the degree without assistance from an outside source. Scholarships help students have more time to focus on their studies.
The Unversity of Auckland International student Excellence Scholarship was established in 2016. The primary purpose of the scholarship is to attract new international students of high caliber to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate study of one year or more at Waipapa Taumata Rau.
And in the University of Auckland they have scholarships for various criteria, including entering university from a low decile school or facing other barriers to academic success.
Benefits of the University Of Auckland In Student Excellence Scholarship
- Open for all international students except citizens, permanent residents, or resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia.
- Up to 50 scholarships will be awarded bi-annually (depending on whether the candidate is commencing studies in Semester 1 or Semester 2).
- The scholarship is valued at up to 10,000 NZD for postgraduate and undergraduate studies.
- Payments under the terms of this scholarship remain tax-free as long as they are used for the expenses associated with an awardee’s program of study.
- Scholarship holders must comply with the scholarship regulations and notify the Scholarships Office of any change in their enrolment or funding status.
|Scholarship Type||Scholarship Type Merit-Based, College-Specific|
|Offered by||Institution(University of Auckland)|
|Organization||University of Auckland|
|No. of Scholarships||50|
|International Students Eligible||Yes|
Applications will be accepted from all International students who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of New Zealand or Australia. Other than this, the international students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Commencing undergraduate or postgraduate degree at University of Auckland
- Applicants must be either
- A new full-fee paying international student who has received an unconditional offer, or
- Applicants must be an English Language Academy (ELA) student who has received a conditional offer, or
- Applicants must be undertaking:
- PGDip, or
- Masters (taught) of 120 points or more, or
- An undergraduate degree with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications.
- Must have an academic GPE score of 6.0
- Enrolled as ‘on Campus’ registrations.
- Applicants must meet the minimum English language proficiency requirement:
|Test Name||The minimum score for UG||The minimum score for PG|
|BCom (Hons) in Accounting||Bachelor of Commerce||Master of International Business|
|Master of Marketing||Master of Professional Accounting||Master of Science in Computer Science|
|Bachelor of Science in Data Science||Master of Information Technology||BE(Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
Applicants are NOT eligible under the following conditions:
- Students who have already commenced study at the University of Auckland.
- Students are enrolling in a Research Masters’s program or a Business master’s program at the Graduate School of Management (GSM).
- Undergraduate students from the University of Auckland Foundation Providers (UP Education and Taylors College) and New Zealand secondary-school leavers.
- Students enrolling as distance education students will not be eligible to apply.
Note: To know about other courses eligible for this scholarship and any further queries, kindly contact: [email protected]
- Copy of their Birth Certificate
- Copy of passport
- Copy of their Citizenship Certificate
- Letter of Application
- Letter of recommendation
- Certificates or degrees of prior study
- Scorecard of English language proficiency
Conclusion On the University Of Auckland In Student Excellence Scholarship 2022/2023If you want to study at a New Zealand University through the scholarships above, go for it and start preparing now!
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Scholarships Offers just like University Of Auckland In Student Excellence Scholarship 2022/2023, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformatio