The University of Leeds scholarship is a rare opportunity, especially for both domestic and international students; that’s why I urge you to apply now before it closes for this 2022/2023 session.
You’ll have lots of opportunities to build your practical and transferable skills and to benefit from career events and advice. Project work, fieldwork or work placements are included in many of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
They’ll help you reach your potential by challenging you, academically and personally, and helping you develop your employability skills.
Please remember the scholarships are limited. Meeting the eligibility criteria and being able to apply does not guarantee that you will receive an award. However, if you do not receive a scholarship, you may be eligible for the Leeds Bursary instead.
In this article, this University of Leeds Scholarship requires a lot of concrete and authentic requirements and qualifications that will enable the scholarship.
About The University Of Leeds
The University of Leeds is a public research university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. The University of Leeds is one of the largest higher education institutions in the UK and part of the Russell Group of leading universities.
The university has 36,330 students, the 5th largest university in the UK (out of 169). From 2006 to the present, the university has consistently been ranked within the top 5 (alongside the University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University, the University of Nottingham, and the University of Edinburgh) in the United Kingdom for the number of applications received.
Leeds had an income of £751.7 million in 2020/21, of which £130.1 million was from research grants and contracts. The university has financial endowments of £90.5 million (2020–21), ranking outside the top ten British universities by a financial endowment.
About The University Of Leeds Scholarship
A scholarship is a competitive and prestigious award given to students who meet certain criteria.
At Leeds, they have two types:
- Automatic scholarships based on grades (handled by specific faculties).
- Non-automatic, means-tested scholarships based on a range of criteria including household income (handled by our undergraduate scholarships team).
The scholarships based on income will require you to submit an application before you enter the University. When selecting students for a scholarship based on income, we also take into account factors such as:
- Academic achievement
- Personal circumstances
- Educational background
The University of Leeds offer a number of subject related scholarships for UK and international undergraduate students.
All of these scholarships have academic achievement as a key awarding criteria for the scholarship.
If you defer entry for a year, you will generally need to apply for financial support applicable to your year of entry.
1. Arts, Humanities, and Cultures
- School of Design
- School of English
- School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies
- School of History
- School of Languages, Cultures, and Societies
- School of Media and Communications
- School of Music
- School of Performance and Cultural Industries
- School of Philosophy, Religion, and History of Science
2. Biological Sciences
- School of Biology
- School of Biomedical Sciences
- School of Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
4. Social Sciences
- Politics and International Studies
- Sociology and Social Policy
5. Engineering and Physical Sciences
- School of Chemical and Process Engineering
- School of Chemistry
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Computing
- School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- School of Mathematics
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- School of Earth and Environment
- School of Geography
- School of Food Science and Nutrition
- Medicine and Health
- School of Psychology
The Worth Of The University Of Leeds Scholarship
Worth £3,000 a year for three years (paid in cash installments), the UK undergraduate means-tested scholarships are of higher value than the University’s funding package Leeds Bursary (funding which is automatically awarded based on a student’s household income level).
The scholarships do not have to be paid back and are in addition to the financial support you can receive from the government (such as the tuition fee loan or maintenance loan).
Alongside the funding, you’ll have access to one-to-one support and advice sessions, group workshops, mentoring opportunities, social events, and monthly newsletters updating you on relevant activity on and off campus through the Plus Programme.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. They will award the UK undergraduate means-tested scholarships to selected UK students from low-income households who also meet the eligibility criteria and are entering Leeds as full-time, level one undergraduates in the following September.
The scholarships are available thanks to the generous support from alumni and other organizations.
Requirements To Apply For The University Of Leeds Scholarships
- Have no prior experience of higher education (this includes existing students studying at undergraduate level one or above).
- Be a UK student applying for entry in 2022 into level one on a full-time funded undergraduate degree course at the University of Leeds (you must subsequently take up a place and remain on an eligible degree program).
- Be liable for the full UK undergraduate fees without receiving a subsidy from outside the University (eg, a government grant to cover all or part of the tuition fees or a scholarship directly from business).
- Be eligible to receive a UK student maintenance loan from Student Finance England, Student Awards Agency for Scotland, Student Finance NI, or Student Finance Wales (please note, those assessed as an EU migrant workers are ineligible to apply).
- You can apply for a means-tested scholarship before the relevant awarding body has finalized your eligibility assessment.
- Come from a household with an annual income that has been assessed as being £42,875 per year or below. (Note that you can apply for this scholarship before Student Finance England has finalized your household income assessment).
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship or bursary (eg scholarship holders will not receive Leeds Bursary alongside a scholarship based on household income).
How To Apply
Below are the steps to follow:
- Click on the ‘Apply Now below
- Get to know some of the information on the website
- While you are in the application sector
- Fill in the crucial and concrete details
- Then click to submit when done
- Please understand no false information is needed.
It will be strongly advised for applicants applying online to do so well before the closing date; for more information and application, click on the Apply Now link below:
Conclusion On University Of Leeds Scholarships 2022/2023The University Of Leeds Scholarships 2022/2023 has been compiled above for easy navigation and for you to choose from the numerous list above the option that best suits you.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like University Of Leeds Scholarships 2022/2023, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.